Creating personal success in any area of life starts with a few fundamentals.
The fundamentals of creating personal success are the same, regardless of whether your focus is on success in real estate investment, physical wellbeing, personal relationships or anything else, really.
To start, you should begin with the end in mind. You must get a clear and compelling vision of what you want. Next, you should take a look at your inner conflicts and ask yourself what is most important to you today, while disregarding old and conflicting belief systems. Once you realign your thinking so that you have synergy in your goals, values and belief systems you will be able to take focused action that results in success.
Let’s say, for example, that your goal is business or income oriented. Make a decision about your business and income goals for the year. Keep in mind that “perception is reality” and ask yourself what your preconceived ideas are around business success and prosperity. Since perception is generally based in experience and societal or familial messaging, it is sometimes difficult to change our perception to meet the reality that we desire.
The truth is, you are likely to hit whatever goal you set your mind on. Your success or your failure is all up to you; there are no victims but only volunteers, regardless of whether you are talking about positive outcome or negative.
So where are you and where do you want to be? Here are a few basics to start your success path:
- Set lofty goals and measure your progress.
- Be Committed. Spend at least 3 hours per day, 5 days per week working toward your goals and be willing to do whatever it takes.
- Remember that outside of your comfort zone is where the magic happens.
- Get a proven guide. Find a step-by-step plan that you can follow and take consistent action on.
- Get a mentor or coach and be accountable.
- Model your decisions and actions on those who have gone before you and achieved measurable results.
- Invite the negative messages in your head to take permanent vacation.
- Distance yourself from the naysayers in your life.
- Surround yourself with successful people and only ever take advice from those who have achieved more business and financial success than you.
- Be persistent, but if some tactic is not working, stop and try something else to achieve the same goal.
- Listen to, watch, and read personal development tools every day, and put those principles and guidelines into action.