If you’ve been following me for any length of time then you know my approach to investing. It basically works like this: meet people with money (your buyers), figure out what they want, then go out and find what they want and sell it to them.
Build your buyers list first and always continue building it. Heck, I was saying it even before this video was recorded 3 years ago…
There are tons of strategies to build your buyers list. I know because I’ve done most of them (some I’ve perfected; others I’ve tried and stopped doing).
But here’s an insanely powerful way to build your buyer’s list – it’s effective, it’s powerful, it’s almost foolproof, and I love it…
Teach Your Buyers
Teach your buyers. Show them how to do something. Give them valuable knowledge. Share your insight, experiences, and strategies.
This is such a powerful strategy and it’s one I use in my business daily. I like it for a few reasons:
- When you teach others, you proactively give value and people are attracted and responsive to that generosity. In exchange, they’ll want to do business with you.
- When you teach others, you position yourself as an expert, since very few investors are actually doing it.
- When you teach others, you become a better investor yourself because teaching pushes you to learn.
Teaching – How To Do It
There are so many investors out there struggling to be heard above all the other investors who are all basically saying the same thing: “join my buyer’s list and I will sell you cash flowing houses”. There are relatively few investors out there who are saying, “join my buyer’s list because I’ll show you step-by-step how you can earn passive cash flow.”
See the difference?
And all you need to do to teach is create a set of steps and/or strategies that work for you, share your success story candidly, and do so in a medium that you are comfortable with – whether that’s an ebook, a blog, a podcast, video, Facebook, or some other channel.
- Keep your teaching true (integrity is a must)
- Keep your teaching simple (don’t get complicated)
- Keep your teaching authentic to you (don’t try to be someone else)
- Keep your teaching valuable (always give value first before expecting anything in return)
Once you start teaching, then start promoting that channel and letting other people know that you are teaching them.
Then keep teaching, keep promoting, and keep connecting with your students. Some may become buyers right away. Others may take longer. That’s okay.
Side note: Some of you are reading this and thinking, “I have nothing new to say.” That’s not true: There are many basic strategies so you can pick one to become an expert in, or you can take a well-known strategy and share how it applies in your unique circumstance. Either of those are very, very powerful.
This is such a powerful strategy that you can implement immediately. YOU have something valuable to say and there’s an audience of buyers waiting to hear from you.